If you are traveling abroad, we can assist with Foreign Currency Exchange, Currency Purchase, International Wire Transfers and Travelers Cheques.
- Most major currencies accepted
- Low transaction handling fee1
- Competitive exchange rates2
- Current account holders can exchange at any branch, with no limit
Not available for non-account holders
Foreign Currency Purchase Services
Exchange your currency with us, and you'll:
- Avoid lines and hassle by purchasing foreign currency before you go
- Choose from a range of currencies
- Get competitive rates, updated daily
- Save money for the things you enjoy with our low service fees
Ways to Purchase: download and print your completed Foreign Currency Order Form (PDF) and bring it to any branch or fax to (808) 539-7889.
- Accountholder fee for customers with verifiable deposit account is 1% of the transaction, minimum $2.50, maximum $10.00.
- Rates vary daily. See branch for details.
* Offer valid 8/1/17 to 10/31/17. An American Savings Bank checking, money market or savings account is required for foreign currency purchases. American Savings Bank charges a service fee of 1% of the foreign currency purchase (U.S. Dollar equivalent), with a minimum fee of $2.50 and a maximum of $10. If the fee is $2.50 or less, it will be waived. The $2.50 discount, per account per day, is valid toward either a single or multiple foreign currency purchase. Minimum foreign currency purchase is USD100. Allow 3 to 6 business days to fulfill your request. A cancellation fee, equal to the amount of the service fee, will apply for currency buybacks or purchases not picked-up within 3 business days after notification. The currency will be converted back to US dollars at the then prevailing exchange rate, and the cancellation fee will be deducted from the amount exchanged.
11 branch locations
for non-account holder transactions:
There is a fee of $10.00 U.S. per transaction for non-accountholders.
Over 100 currencies
available for exchange